Sunday, February 13, 2011

It Changed Me.

This evening our Pastor began his message with a request for the congregation to participate a bit more than usual. We were asked to testify of how the Gospel has changed/affected us and things we have gained because of it.

I prepared myself for notes.

As each person spoke, I found myself nodding. All of it true and something I too had experienced.
The Gospel is the gift that never stops giving. This list is just the tip of the iceberg. I trust you will differientate which are gifts of the Gospel and which are characteristics.

patience
longsuffering
humilty
kindness
purpose
boldness
love
hope
selflessness
companionship
understanding
surrender
joy
comfort
assurance
truth
admiration
ability to forgive
fulfillment
graciousness
victory
peace
change
a grateful heart
acceptance

Salvation doesn't mean I am sinless, not even close, nor does it mean I am trialless. It does however mean I can achieve victory over sin in Christ's name and do not have to carry my burdens alone.

It was a sincere honour to hear the words of so many fellow believers brag on Christ and the power of the life-changing Gospel.

He died, was buried, and rose again. If you simply put your faith and trust in Him, He will save you.
"For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."

I have never for one minute regretted making a decision for Christ. I am so eternally grateful for His amazing grace and saving power.

Hope this list encouraged you as much as it did me.

No comments:

Post a Comment